I was the planner and chief designer of this year's event- the Let's Be Sharp Fashion Show a Luncheon.
We chose a Halloween theme because is was popular in the past.
I had a blast coming up with Halloweenish decor items and strange-- odd displays that I thought would draw people to the silent auction tables. That part worked. We had a great volunteer who put together all the baskets of donated items to make them look inviting and lovely.
Turnout for the event was the lowest ever. 83 versus 170 last year. This is the 12th year-- and even though last years event was well received (Octoberfest of Fashion) we did not have the Halloween excitement! I think this year that there were a lot of competing events that same day-- and we even lost one of the co-chairs- because she had to be a practice for another performing group. Another group lead by a former guild member had a show just a few days before us-- and I don't care if it was fashion week in MB--no one I know would pay to attend two shows just days apart.
I was very disappointed. The show was beautiful. Young girls from Socastee High School joined in as models and we had enough models from the Guild. Dramatic formals and prom dresses from both Fancy Frocks and Dressbarn made the show exciting. Some photos are here http://www.pinterest.com/lbsguild/boards/. None of the high school group is pictured yet. But I plan to add their photos when I can.
We had a sports announcer from CBS sport radio as the emcee- So I was able to just watch and enjoy the show for the first time ever! It was a great show. The Bridal Gown Finale was especially sweet.
I still have to send out thank yous.. and we did make money from the event.

No comments:
Post a Comment